All Saints Church is gathering for prayer every Wednesday night during the month of January. We realize with all the traffic issues, it may be difficult for everyone to join us. So, I am posting the prayer guide for you to join us virtually. We invite you to take a moment and pray with us.
Our theme for 2019 is Influence.
Week 1 | Ephesians 3:14-21
All Saints Church vision is to earn the right to influence all who believe, doubt and seek in Queen Anne and Seattle. That is to say, this week we will be praying for our church, neighbourhood, friends, and co-workers.
So I bow in prayer before the Father 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth gets its true name. 16 I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit. 17 I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. 18 And I pray that you and all God’s holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ’s love—how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. 19 Christ’s love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God.20 With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. 21 To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen.
- First, Read the passage two or three times.
- Now, let your mind and heart go to a place where you can feel the impact and meaning of the text.
- Which word or sentence did you feel the most impact?
- Use this word or sentence to fuel your prayer.
- Incorporate this word or sentence into your prayer for our Church, friends, co-workers, neighbours.
- Finally, let the Holy Spirit influence your mind and heart and think of a person, or cause and pray using these words.
Write out thoughts, pictures, or reminders of what your next steps are as you take action on your prayer.